Click Here for the End-of-Year Testing Calendar (draft)
Attention Parents! Read more...
Enclosed in your report card package, you probably found a "Twig Bucks" $5 Gift Certificate. Click 'read more' to learn more about what this means!
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
We are in need of parent volunteers to help proctor our EOGs, EOCs, NCFEs, and any other alphabet-soup-like tests coming up! We'll begin Tuesday, May 26 and conclude Tuesday, June 9 with a whole bunch of testing in between. The full testing calendar can be found here.
If you are available to help on any of those dates, please sign up to volunteer here!
School Improvement Team
The Smith School Improvement Team needs parents! Read on to learn how you can help Read more...
School Make-Up Days
CHCCS has seven Snow Days to make-up in the coming weeks. Here is the list of what days are being made up when:
- February 17 is being made up on March 27;
- February 18 is being made up on June 11 and June 10 is now a full school day;
- February 19 is being made up on June 12, the Last Day of School, and students will be released two hours early;
- February 20 is being made up through Delayed Opening hours - students will now go to school at the regular time on March 12, April 23 and May 21;
- February 25 is being made up on Saturday, March 21 (an early release day, with time schedule TBA);
- February 26 is being made up on May 25 (Memorial Day); and
- February 27 is being made up on Saturday, April 11 (an early release day, with time schedule TBA).
The Board of Education has approved an additional Saturday make-up day if needed on May 16.
Smith Middle School Yearbook
The Credit by Demonstrated Mastery program provides another opportunity for students to learn new content, to challenge themselves with the next level of rigor in a subject, and even graduate early.
To learn more, visit: http://cdm.chccs.k12.nc.us